Saturday, September 26, 2026

A Flower in the Freeze

A flower freezing in the pines

On the wind when it blows

On your tongue if you knew

In time, if time really is luck


Music chimes not from these hills

Only sounds for the trees

For the jagged peaks and valleys below

Are empty without you in them


My spine is bent and bending

Laying the fruits of labour

For those too hungry to see

And those who are too blind to hear


The only profession known here

Is chest puffing and ego drowning

Hiding a soul from the world and himself

Taking comfort in dreams of things I fear


An empty field

With no guide post

Pretending to be King

Of the animals who offer everything


Countless time lost to myself

Lost to electric currents and high scores

Lost to 

My poisons of every week


For I am weak

As high as I reach

But my hand falls not

Only the dark over the flower left to freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment